Friday, December 7, 2012

Momma Claus is Comin' to Town

Is it just me...or does the thought of your Momma comin' for a visit send you into a cleanin' frenzy.  I don't know why I do it, I mean she can't see squat and yet I know...she will find that cobweb over in the corner across from her bed.  There is no way to say..."Oh, it's just spider tinsel,"  that boat wont float.

I know when I'm not lookin, she'll check the silver, cause in the South...at Christmas...the silvers gotta be polished and I don't mean dipped in Tarn-X.  I mean cloth polished.

I found a letter my Daddy wrote me the other day and in it he said, "Jus finished polishin' the silver."  It wasn't dated, but I knew it had to be just after Thanksgiving cause that's when the whirlwind starts to blow.

Momma would do it...cause her Momma was comin'.  I do it cause I saw her do it.  But I guess it stops with me, cause all I got is an old cat, and he thinks I'm down on on hands and knees for one reason and one reason only...to rescue his sparkle toys. 

And you know...I think his expectations are right on target!
In this season is wrapped in memories...and traditions...tied with tinsel and expectation.  Some habits are impossible to break...so I'm just gonna whip out this can of Pledge and git goin'. She'll be here before you know it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment