Saturday, June 30, 2012

In Line

Lines don't bother me, I have met some of the nicest folks while "standin' in line."  VerDell says I would talk to a stump.  There's truth to that, things don't have to actually be animated for me to converse with them. 

I think the grocery store is my favorite place, I like to peep in the cart to try and discern if there is something "special" goin' on.  If I see a birthday cake or some frozen punch well I am off to the races, same thing goes for multiple racks of ribs or twenty pounds of hamburger. 

Just today at the deli, this young man came up and asked for twenty pounds of  potato  salad, and you know I could not let that one go by,

"Ya'll havin' a family reunion" I asked?  You know the follow-ups, I don't have to spell'um out to you.

My husband, bein' from up north...just shook his head.  I could read his mind...he didn't have to say a thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment