Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Comfort Zone...


There is no doubt about it, “Comfort Zones” serve a purpose, but if they start to get smaller and smaller, then you’ve got a potential problem on hand. 



I think about ‘um like those invisible fences that folks put up to keep their pups in.  They’re for a good purpose, but in a way…we get trained to’um and before you know it, a comfort zone becomes a boundary. 



Awhile back I nudged myself further than I usually do, and I have to say I was surprised by the feelin’s.  One day, I thought I was havin’ a heart attack; heart racin’ and hands sweaty, scared me to death.  But be that as it may, it didn’t take me long to realize it was just plain ole anxiety…I was steppin’ out of the “Zone”. 



Like gettin’ in a tub of hot bath water…you have to go slow…but the sinkin’ in has it’s rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment